Thursday, September 15, 2011

Let Me Take You On A Journey

I am somewhat of a fan of a variety of music and I have a very close friend who often teases me about some of my preferences in music. She feels that for a person who is happy the majority of the time, I always select some of the saddest songs. I guess in some way I am able to relate them to a time when something may have been going on in my life. Some of my favorites are Ben by Michael Jackson, Brandy (I Really Miss You) by the O’Jays Cats in the Cradle by Harry Chapin. Now here is something funny, as I sit here typing this blog I realize that each of these songs are referring to animals. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a fan of pets. Go figure.

Now, what song is appropriate for the sister/friend blog? The road we are about to travel and the challenges we may face to improve our health is a journey.  That's it!!! Journey by John Gray ( http://youtu.be/_Y5wMJKxf9w). This song is absolutely awesome and really makes you think. There is a point in the song when John states, "Every journey has red lights, green lights, stop signs, yield signs, highways, toll booths and potholes and people who don't want you to make it and sometimes you can't take. But you can't let nothing rock please don’t let the devil stop you on your journey." Does this sound like the perfect song??

Working towards becoming healthier is a journey and the obstacles that John mentions are true. They are not only true as it pertains to becoming healthy but also true with the many challenges we face in our everyday life. There will probably be many road blocks but the key is taking them one at a time and moving them out of your way. At the same time there will probably be people in your life who do not want to see you succeed. I encourage you to remember improving your health both mentally and physically has nothing to do with them and everything to do with you. YOU are the owner of YOU!

I challenge you to join me on this journey. Yes, there may be some red lights, green lights, stop signs, yield signs, highways, toll booths and potholes and people who don't want you to make it, but I can guarantee you that in the end you will feel healthier on the inside which will exude on the outside.

The improved YOU is inside waiting to make its presence known. Are you ready to take the challenge?

I will close with this quote by Gen. George Patton, “Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.”

Be Inspired and Inspire Someone

No comments: